Passionate | Experienced | Strategic

Create The Parenting Plan That Suits Your Needs

Nothing in the world is more important to you than your children. You want them to have stability and happiness — but your separation or divorce has left you feeling uncertain about their future. If you are currently trying to reach a parenting plan that suits you and your children’s best interests, rely on the counsel of Northwest Family Law, P.S.

Our firm helps parents throughout Washington state who need assistance with child custody issues. We exclusively practice family law, so we have numerous cases involving custody and parenting plans under our belts. We will work closely with you to create a parenting plan that suits you and your children’s best interests.

What Should A Parenting Plan Include?

You have probably heard the words “custody” and “visitation,” but Washington courts do not actually use these terms. Instead, our state uses the umbrella term “parenting plan.”

Every parenting plan should address three factors:

  • The child’s living arrangements
  • How the child’s parents will reach important decisions regarding the child
  • How the child’s parents will resolve future disputes

If you and your child’s other parent cannot create a parenting plan that suits both of you, then a judge will issue a plan in court. Whether you are working privately with your parenting partner or must proceed to trial, Northwest Family Law, P.S., can be your advocate.

What If My Parenting Partner And I Are Unmarried?

Many unmarried couples in King and Snohomish counties raise children together. If you and your child’s other parent are separated or divorced, then you have many unique needs that may require the assistance of an attorney. We can guide you as you establish paternity, create a parenting plan, and seek or pay child support.

Talk With A Lawyer

When it comes to your children, do not try to handle the court system alone. Work with a skilled legal team. You can speak with an attorney about your case in a phone consultation by contacting our office in Bellevue. Schedule by calling (206) 792-0981, or reach us online.